Tulgeen is a registered NDIS provider in New South Wales. Registration Number: 34479634.
To speak to someone at Tulgeen about your NDIS options, please call:
Rose Hulst for Accommodation and Tenancy, Residential and daily living support: 02 6499 0828.
Karen Machan for Social Inclusion and Community Participation, Respite Support and Transition to Work: 02 6499 0854
Paul Spteri for Supported Employment: 0407 298 954.
Tulgeen Disability Services is here to help you:
- understand how the NDIS works
- check if you are eligible, Note – final eligibility can only be determined by the National Disability Insurance Agency.
- and guide you through the planning and application process. If your application is approved, we can then provide you with a whole range of disability services under the scheme.
Tulgeen uses the existing NDIS planning workbook to assist you in clarifying your goals and aspirations. This is a first step on the NDIS journey.
Making Life Come True – Tulgeen supports you to have the life you want.
Supporting Your NDIS Journey
You can meet with a member of Tulgeen’s planning staff at our office in Bega or in your home if you prefer. We can also utilise technology such as Skype to conference with you if you have access to this and live outside the area. Tulgeen understands that the Sapphire Coast is a very attractive area for a seachange, and with the flexibiity and control the NDIS offers, you may be seeking support for a holiday or for a relocation to our area. Tulgeen is able to offer and provide this support. We welcome ALL new, transitioning and existing NDIS participants.
Tulgeen supports you to:
- Understand the NDIS and how it works
- Find out if you’re eligible
- Identify goals and aspirations that the NDIS may fund
- Guide you through the application process
- Gather the documents you’ll need to complete your application
- Make Life Come True as per your new or existing NDIS plan.
We will support you in ensuring your NDIS plan becomes reality. We call this A Good Life – Making Life Come True.
Choosing Tulgeen as a NDIS service provider
Once your NDIS application is approved, you can choose Tulgeen as a NDIS service provider (meaning the disability services we provide for you will be covered by NDIS funding).
Choosing Tulgeen as your provider means our staff will support you to develop an individual plan, putting together a range of supports which assist you to realise your goals as articulated in your NDIS plan.
Tulgeen offers a comprehensive range of disability services under the NDIS including:
- Management of funding for supports in participant’s plan.
- Accommodation or Tenancy Assistance- individual or group.
- Assistance in coordinating or managing life stages, transitions and supports.
- Assistance to access and maintain employment.
- Assistance to integrate into an educational program.
- Transitioning from school into other education programs and/or a workplace.
- Assistance with daily personal activities.
- Assistive technology specialist assessment, set and training.
- Development of daily living and life skills.
- Household tasks.
- Individual Behaviour Support.
- Participation in community, social, and civic activities
- Training for independence in travel and transport.
- Active, creative, social and/or physical wellbeing activities.
- Providing flexible supports for you whilst you holiday in our local area
- 24/7 Respite Support in Your Home or Centre-based in Bega
Choosing Tulgeen to Manage Your NDIS Plan and/or Funds
If you require assistance managing your plans and funding, Tulgeen can help. Tulgeen is a registered plan management provider. This means we can help you with the legal, financial, and administrative aspects of the NDIS including:
- Quick and responsive appointments to meet and discuss your needs
- No invoicing – we deal directly with the NDIA to claim your payments (unless you decide you wish to self-manage your funding)
- Choice about who you see, who supports you and where this is delivered
- A coordinated approach – you can get most of your services and supports from us, if not we can recommend other services and assist you to link up with these.
Why Should I Choose Tulgeen?
Our simple answer is that we’re the best as evidenced by our forty years in business and forty years of service to the community. We’re the best because of our exceptional, professional and dedicated staff. Our team are qualified, experienced, professional, dedicated and motivated. Our mission is Enabling A Good Life and out inspiration is Making Life Come True for YOU.
Many of our team have been in the industry for over a decade or more, and many have worked for Tulgeen during this time. Tulgeen offers continuity of service and support. We’re here for the long haul and to support changes and transitions as you experience them.
Then (L) and Now (R) – Pauline (left) supported by Carrie Ann in 1988 and Pauline and Carrie Ann in 2015 – still together.